Thursday, January 20, 2011

American University Nails

When I first came to college, I painted my nails with the American University logo. This attracted attention from a lot of people. In fact, quickly became known as "the girl with the AU nails". When people would notice, they would remark to me "Oh! You're the girl with the AU nails! Someone told me about you!". Yes, I was that girl during orientation and welcome week, and now you can be that girl (or guy - I don't judge) too. Today I'll share with you the secret of how to put that logo on your very own nails.

Step 1) Apply a base coat. (I used Seche Vite)

Step 2) Cover the right half of your nail with a red polish. (I used OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock)

Step 3) Fill the other half of your nail with a navy blue nail polish. (I used Funky Fingernails Jewel tone Blue - which I bought from Five Below - 3 for $5!)

Step 4) Using a white striper nail polish or striper brush dipped in white nail polish, start from the center and make a line outward to begin shaping the letter "A".

Step 5) Repeat this on the other side.

Step 6) Following that center line where the red and blue intersect, create a white line from the center of the "A" toward the bottom of your nail.

Step 7) On the right side of the design, make a line parallel to the one on the divider line.

Step 8) Connect the two parallel lines to make a "U".

Step 9) Connect the U and the A with a line right above the middle line.

Step 10) Create another line at the other tip of the "U" on the same plane and with the same width.

Step 11) Add "feet" to the "A" like you did with the "U"

Step 12) Add topcoat

And you're done! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and extend your school spirit all the way down to your nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment