Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Favorite Things - OPI Bring on the Bling

I absolutely ADORE this nail polish. OPI came out with a new line of colors inspired by the movie Burlesque for the holidays. Ever since I heard about that (the line is fantastic by the way), I went on, essentially a scavenger hunt to find this nail polish. 4 stores and a week of unsuccessful, multi-city attempts later, I decided to order it online. 
I layered it on thicker at the tip like a glittery gradient
This picture doesn't even do the polish justice. It is a wonderful very packed glitter - gold with an almost silver shine. There are specks of blue and purple in there also. It just looks absolutely stunning and is so festive. I'm usually not a sparkly nail polish kind of girl, but I've caught the bug with the Burlesque collection. It just makes me happy to look down at my nails :)

Now, on the downside, the nail polish, like many other glitters, chips really easily. I used Seche Vite Base Coat and OPI topcoat and it still started chipping after 3 days. I was, however, in the middle of many different crafts projects which probably contributed to that. The plus side of glitters are that they dry relatively quickly.

I would definitely recommend it! It's just adorable, and my favorite at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment